A credit card authorization form for your $500 per person deposit, along with a completed reservation form, is required to begin the reservation process. Please provide an estimated arrival date or range of dates and we will check on lodge availability. Please note - since each safari is completely customized, it may take a minimum of 7 days to confirm your arrangements. Your deposit will not be charged until you approve your final itinerary and all accommodations have been reserved. Visa or MasterCard is accepted for your $500 per person deposit. The balance of the safari price is due no later than 90 days prior to departure and is payable by personal check, cashiers check, money order or wire transfer. Upon confirmation of your safari, a welcome package will be mailed to your residence and will contain your confirmed itinerary, national park and wildlife information, Serengeti and Ngorongoro Crater ecosystem and game drive map, A.D.S. safari shirts, as well as a 35-page helpful information section (including a detailed packing list, health recommendations, wildlife checklist, etc.) to ensure that you are 100% prepared for your safari.
AFRICA DREAM SAFARIS - BOOKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Africa Dream Safaris is a trading name of Africa Dream Safaris, Inc., a corporation registered in the state of California. The following terms as used in these Booking Terms and Conditions shall be considered synonymous: safari, tour, and trip, all of which refer to the travel arrangements being booked with Africa Dream Safaris. Additionally, the following terms: client, guest, participant, member, passenger and traveler all refer to you, as the traveler.
Booking Terms and Conditions
Placement of an order with Africa Dream Safaris is taken as acceptance of the following terms and conditions.
1. Reservations and Payments – Payment of a non-refundable deposit in the amount of $500 per person, along with a completed and signed Reservation Booking Form and Travel Insurance Acceptance Form are required in order to confirm your reservation. Upon receipt of deposit and reservation forms, we will, subject to availability, reserve your place on your selected safari. In the event that any accommodation is not available we will substitute a comparable property or adjust the itinerary if necessary without compromising the integrity of the overall safari experience. The balance of the safari price is due not later than 90 days prior to departure. Visa or MasterCard is accepted for your $500 per person deposit while the balance of the safari price is payable by personal check, cashiers check or wire transfer. All prices are in U.S. dollars and must be paid in U.S. dollars.
2. Cancellation and Refund Policy – Cancellations are only effective upon our receipt of written notification, signed by the client. Cancellations received by Africa Dream Safaris 90 days or more prior to departure are subject to a $500 per person cancellation penalty. Cancellations received 89-61 days prior to departure are subject to a cancellation penalty of 50% of the total trip price. Cancellations received 60 days or less prior to departure are subject to a cancellation penalty of 100% of the total trip price. Trip cancellation insurance is strongly recommended. Should you fail to join a tour or join it after departure or leave it prior to its completion, no tour fare refund will be made. Some airfare may be non refundable. There will be no refunds from Africa Dream Safaris for any unused portions of the tour. The above policy applies to all travel arrangements made via Africa Dream Safaris.
3. Insurance – It is a condition of booking that the sole responsibility lies with the guest to ensure that they carry the correct comprehensive travel and medical insurance to cover themselves, as well as any dependants and traveling companions for the duration of their tour to Africa. This insurance should include coverage in respect of, but not limited to, the following eventualities: cancellation or curtailment of the safari, emergency evacuation expenses, medical expenses, repatriation expenses, damage, theft or loss of personal baggage, money and goods. Africa Dream Safaris will take no responsibility for any costs for losses incurred or suffered by the guest, or guest's dependants or traveling companions, with regards to, but not limited to, any of the above mentioned eventualities. Guests will be charged directly by the relevant service providers for any emergency services they may require, and may find themselves in a position unable to access such services should they not be carrying the relevant insurance coverage. A Travel Insurance Acceptance Form must be completed and returned to Africa Dream Safaris as a condition of travel.
4. Medical and Health – Participation on a safari or tour to East Africa requires that you be in generally good health. All guests must understand that while a high level of fitness is not required, a measure of physical activity is involved in all African safaris and tours. It is essential that persons with any medical problems and/or related dietary restrictions make them known to us well before departure. Anti-malaria precautions should be taken, and these are the sole responsibility of the client. Africa Dream Safaris will not assume responsibility for the accuracy of any medical information. You should consult your doctor for up to date requirements and personal recommendations.
5. Airfares and Delays – Airfares are subject to change without notice prior to ticketing. Africa Dream Safaris is not responsible for any airline schedule or airfare changes, cancellations, overbooking or damage or loss of baggage and property. Any and all claims for any loss or injury suffered on any airline must be made directly with the airline involved. Air schedule changes may necessitate additional nights being added to your tour. These schedule changes are beyond the control of Africa Dream Safaris and any resulting additional costs must be borne by the guest. Africa Dream Safaris shall not be held liable for any delays or additional costs incurred as a result of airlines not running to schedule.
6. Information – Africa Dream Safaris takes no responsibility for loss, damage or injury arising from any shortfall, error or omission in the information passed to the customer during the course of the sale or subsequent delivery of the product.
7. Itinerary Changes – Although every effort is made to adhere to schedules, it should be noted that occasionally routes, lodges and camps may be changed while on safari as dictated by changing conditions. Such conditions may be brought about by seasonal rainfall on bush tracks, airfields and in game areas, by game migrations from one region to another, lodge and camp overbooking’s, airline delays and schedule changes or other booking problems, etc. Africa Dream Safaris shall not be held responsible for such itinerary changes as discussed above. If a client initiates a last minute change to the safari itinerary including accommodations, flights, services, etc., the client is responsible for any additional expenses occurring as a result of that change. These additional expenses are the responsibility of the client to pay for directly in Tanzania.
8. Specific Accommodation – While our operators use their best endeavors to ensure that all reserved accommodation is available as planned, Africa Dream Safaris shall not be held responsible for a refund either in the whole or part, if any accommodation or excursion is unavailable and a reasonable alternative is found.
9. Wild Animals – Please be aware that our safaris may take you into close contact with wild animals. Attacks by wild animals are rare, but no safari into the African wilderness can guarantee that this will not occur. Africa Dream Safaris shall not be held responsible for any injury or incident on the safari. Please note that many safari lodges and camps are not fenced and that wildlife does move freely in and around these areas. Always follow the safety instructions from the lodge or camp's staff with regards to moving to and from your tent and while on game activities throughout your safari.
10. Guest Representation and Consent – The person making any booking with Africa Dream Safaris, warrants that he or she has authority to enter into a contract on behalf of all other persons included in such a booking and in the event of the failure of any or all of the other persons so included to make payment, the person making the booking shall by his/her signature thereof assume personal liability of the total price of all bookings made by him/her. The payment of the deposit or any other partial payment for a reservation on a tour constitutes a consent by all guests covered by that payment to all provisions of the Terms and Conditions contained herein whether the guest has signed the booking form or not.
11. Assignment – This contract may not be assigned by either party without the prior written consent of the other party.
12. Severability – If any term of this contract is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be void or unenforceable, the remainder of the contract terms shall remain in full force and effect and shall not be affected.
13. Governing Law – The validity of this contract and of any of its terms or provisions, as well as the rights and duties of the parties under this contract, shall be construed pursuant to and in accordance with the law of California. The parties specifically agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of Los Angeles County, California.
14. Entire Agreement – This contract supersedes any and all other agreements, either oral or in writing, between the parties with respect to the subject of this contract. This contract contains all of the covenants and agreements between the parties with respect to the subject of this contract, and each party acknowledges that no representation, inducements, promises, or agreements have been made by or on behalf of any party except the covenants and agreements embodied in this contract. No agreement, statement, or promise not contained in this contract shall be valid or binding between the parties with respect to the subject of this contract.
15. Increase in Costs – Tour costs quoted are current and are subject to change should there be any increases related to national park fees, lodging rates, governmental fees and taxes, internal airfare, airport taxes, visa fees, third party services or any other circumstance beyond our control.
16. Travel & Medical Documents – It is the responsibility of the client to ensure that he/she and his/her dependents have all the appropriate travel and medical documents including passports, travel permits, vaccination certificates and other required documentation. It is your responsibility to report on time for all travel arrangements and to ensure that you have all travel tickets and documents. Africa Dream Safaris shall not be held responsible for any additional costs if you fail to do so and in the case of passengers being refused entry by any immigration or other authority, all repatriation costs are to be borne by the traveler.
16. Agreement to Arbitrate – You and we agree to submit any dispute arising under this agreement, except a dispute alleging criminal violations, to arbitration in accordance with the Uniform Rules for Binding Arbitration of the Better Business Bureau of the Southland (published online at www.labbb.org) in effect at the time of initiation of arbitration. A volunteer arbitrator will render a decision based upon fairness, not necessarily upon legal principles, but it will be final and binding on both of us. Judgment on the decision may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. You will not have to pay anything for the arbitration. This Agreement to Arbitrate affects important legal rights. Neither of us will be able to go to court for disputes once we agree in advance to arbitrate. Further information about BBB arbitration may be obtained by calling the Better Business Bureau in Colton at (909) 825-0490.